Create transparent video with alpha channel for html5 browsers
Drag and drop your video - our app will make your video with green background ( chroma key ) or with alpha channel transparent when played online in a browser.
Here is the video with green background that we converted to transparent using chroma key
What are the benefits of our video app? These are numerous:
- Any modern web browser can play our transparent video that is it can successfully blend the video content onto the html page's content
- This html5 video has transparent background so you can overlay your content with it and do all kind of fancy animations
- You can control chroma key tolerance on the fly trying various values and simply reloading the page to immediately see the difference
- You can play multiple videos simultaneously
- There is no easy way for user to stop your videos from autoplaying, for example setting media.autoplay.default to 2 in Firefox]s config will not affect our videos
- Muted videos can be autoplayed inline even in the older browsers such as on pre-iOs 10 iPhones that otherwise require user interaction
How people use transparent videos for web
A video that blends with the website content is unusual and imressive, it attracts attention, you can use it for:
- Transparent video is ideal exit-intent popup
- Motivation for an action
How does it work ?
There are many video codecs that do support alpha channel but none of them can be played online by a browser. So what we do when you upload your video is we convert your video to our JSV® format that can be played by browsers.
How do I create a transparent video in the first place?
There are two methods to create a video for the input to our app:
- Filming something in front of a green background - this so called chroma key will then be turned into transparency by our service
- Creating animated video in a 3D software like Blender and rendering with transparent background to for example PNG and then encoding to AVI-None with real alpha channel